The mission of the Diabetes Education Center at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is to empower patients suffering with diabetes. We provide quality, comprehensive diabetes self-management education to help patients control their disease, avoid complications and achieve optimum health.
A multidisciplinary team comprised of diabetes educators, registered nurses and registered dietitians will assist patients in developing diabetes management skills to enhance their lifestyle. Services offered include:
- Group and individual counseling for Type 1, Type 2, gestational diabetes and pre-diabetes
- Instruction in blood glucose monitoring and insulin administration
- Personalized nutrition counseling to fit different tastes and lifestyles
- Education on how to detect and prevent diabetes related complications
- Monthly support group meetings for patients and their families. For more information, please call 214-345-6450.
The Diabetes Education Center is recognized by the American Diabetes Association, the nation's leading nonprofit health organization providing. For more information, call 214-345-4330.