Texas Health Resources strives to provide health care services
for the whole person - body, mind and spirit. In keeping with
this commitment, the Department of Pastoral Care maintains a
presence at each Texas Health hospital and at the corporate
office. In addition, each site offers a chapel for prayer,
meditation, quiet time and worship.
Spiritual care delivered through the Pastoral Care department and
by others in the organization addresses concerns of the spirit:
faith, hope, despair, meaning, purpose, life, death, guilt,
forgiveness, fear and doubt. Pastoral care offers help for people
trying to connect meaning with life circumstances that don't
often make sense or seem fair.
Members have answered a call to offer hope for those in the
middle of brokenness. Pastoral Care department chaplains do not
try to convert people. They are trained to help bring together
the physical, emotional and spiritual components that are
necessary for an individual to experience healing, health and
hope. Spiritual care services are available to patients, family
members, hospital employees and medical staff members.
Chapel services are offered at 9 a.m. on Sunday in Memorial
Chapel, and at 9:30 a.m. for patients on the Inpatient Unit at
Texas Health Springwood Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford.
Memorial Chapel at Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital
Hurst-Euless-Bedford is located off the main lobby.
The Pastoral Care department offers the following services:
- Patient and family visitation
- Response to referrals by physicians on the medical staff,
nurses, patients and clergy
- Pastoral support for families of inpatient or outpatient
- On-call availability 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Counseling and care for medical staff, employees and members
of the community
- Support groups for persons who experience loss or chronic
- Worship experiences for patients, employees and medical staff
in the chapels and at the patient's bedside
- Bibles in patient rooms and other areas as well as literature
related to spiritual and emotional issues concerning health care
- Sacramental and ritual services (baptism, holy communion,
anointing) provided by Pastoral Care staff or by arrangement with
representatives of a recipient's religious community
- Decedent care and memorial services
- Journals provided in most chapels for expression of prayers,
meditations and spiritual requests.
Call the Pastoral Care department at 817-848-4811. If there is no
answer, a voice mail system will enable a caller to leave a
message or to page the on-call chaplain.