The mission of the Diabetes Education Center at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is to empower patients suffering with diabetes. We provide quality, comprehensive diabetes self-management education to help patients control their disease, avoid complications and achieve optimum health.
A multidisciplinary team comprised of diabetes educators, registered nurses and registered dietitians will assist patients in developing diabetes management skills to enhance their lifestyle. Services offered include:
- Group and individual counseling for Type 1, Type 2, gestational diabetes and pre-diabetes
- Instruction in blood glucose monitoring and insulin administration
- Personalized nutrition counseling to fit different tastes and lifestyles
- Education on how to detect and prevent diabetes related complications
- Monthly support group meetings for patients and their families
The Diabetes Education Center is recognized by the American Diabetes Association, the nation's leading nonprofit health organization providing. For more information, call 214-345-4330 or click the "Ask a Diabetes Educator" button.