To advocate for Texas Health Resources in the public policy arena to enhance health care delivery and strengthen the capacity of the organization to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve.
Advocacy is the process of influencing outcomes, including legislative and regulatory issues within the political, economic, social and institutions that have a direct impact the health of the people in the communities we serve. Texas Health recognizes that public policy efforts have a direct impact on the viability of the organization's ability to advance the overall health and well-being of the people in the communities in which we serve. Advocacy draws its strength from and is accountable to people — our senior leadership, employees, physicians, trustees and volunteers. Our purpose is to represent, coordinate, and facilitate Texas Health and advocate for our public policy agenda to key stakeholders in an effort that implements Texas Health's mission and vision.
- Integrity: Texas Health and its representatives establish and maintain a reputation of honesty and integrity. Moreover, all activities are implemented in a manner that is consistent with this principle.
- Provision of Accurate Information: It is imperative that any information provided to stakeholders be as accurate as possible. The objective is to provide a basic understanding of the issue and the implications as well as their impact on Texas Health. The focus is directed toward educating stakeholders on the nature and needs of organized health care delivery systems and their importance to consumers.
- Identification with the Public Interest: It is important to consistently identify Texas Health's interests with those of the public. Government Affairs and Advocacy recognizes these interests and conducts its business in a nonpartisan way, keeping in mind the individual, the diverse views, and the opinions of all audiences.
- Cooperation with Interested Parties: Texas Health seeks positive working relationships with organizations that have similar interests and concerns on public policy issues. Government Affairs and Advocacy maximizes Texas Health's effectiveness in public policy development by collaborating with trade associations, industry groups, and other key stakeholders.
Primary Role and Functions
Government Affairs and Advocacy provides a unified voice for Texas Health at the local, state, and federal levels by:
- Identifying issues and evaluating their potential impact on the organization
- Developing the formulation of Texas Health's public policy agenda
- Engaging employees, physicians, trustees, volunteers, and community partners in developing and carrying out Texas Health's public policy agenda with direct advocacy efforts
- Representing Texas Health and advancing its public policy agenda with key stakeholders and partners
- Coordinating testimony for public hearings
- Organizing grassroots advocacy initiatives
- Working in the regulatory and legislative arenas
- Manage funding opportunities
- Providing consultation, advice, and oversight pertaining to public policy issues
- Conducting voter education efforts
- Facilitating regular Government Affairs and Advocacy communications and tracking of information for each hospital
- Collaborating with trade associations, industry groups, and other organizations to maximize the organization's effectiveness in the policymaking arena
Follow this link to contact us via e-mail.