Questions to Ask When Selecting a Fertility Program
1. Does the fertility program belong to the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technologies (SART)?
ARTS is a member of the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology, an organization which requires its members to follow ethical guidelines.
2. What procedures are offered in the fertility program?
ARTS offers a full range of diagnostic and advanced treatment options, from laparoscopy to in vitro fertilization and intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI).
3. Is the program familiar with recent, advanced procedures such as blastocyst transfer?
ARTS offers some of the most advanced procedures, including blastocyst transfer, single embryo transfer and intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI).
4. Does the fertility program have on-site reproductive laboratories certified by the College of American Pathologists?
The reproductive laboratory for ARTS is on-site and certified by the College of American Pathologists.
5. What are the fertility program's pregnancy and live birth success rates?
This information can be found on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website
6. What is the program's rate of multiple births, particularly triplets or more?
7. How active is the program with current research and education?
8. How much experience does the program have with patients your age with your same diagnosis?
9. How much experience does the lab staff have?
Their expertise is important as they will be handling your eggs, sperm and embryos.
10. Does the program strive to meet your emotional needs as well as your physical needs?