Once a patient is scheduled for surgery, they should follow the instructions given by their surgeon and the Joint Replacement Program's Joint Care Coordinator. Patients will then be instructed to:
- Contact their insurance company
- Pre-register: Online or by calling 1-877-PRE-ADMT (1-877-773-2368)
- Obtain medical and anesthesia clearance
- Obtain any ordered lab tests
- Start pre-operative exercises
- Attend a pre-operative class
Patients should also prepare their home for their return from the hospital.