Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is proud to take part in the Red Hot Mamas program. Red Hot Mamas has quickly grown into the largest nationwide support group to inform and support women who are experiencing menopause.
Through Red Hot Mamas, Texas Health Denton hopes to educate women about their healthcare and encourage them to play a more active role in dealing with menopause. Physician-presented seminars at these monthly meetings cover a wide range of topics relating to the physical and psychological stresses that can accompany this phase of a woman's life. The comfortable, candid setting both informs and unites the participants.
Red Hot Mamas seminar topics include:
- The Transition into Menopause
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Natural Approaches to Easing Menopausal Symptoms
- The Reality of Menopausal Depression, Anxiety and Mood Disorders
- Nutrition, Exercise and Weight Management
- Memory Loss During Menopause
- Taking Control of Urinary Incontinence
Sessions are held at 6 p.m. on the second Wednesday of each month in the first-floor classroom in The Center for Women. A complimentary dinner is served.
With peer support and extensive medical information, we hope to have an effective influence on life during and beyond menopause.
Registration is required. Please call 1-877-THR-WELL (1-877-847-9355) to register or for more information.