Your Stay in Labor and Delivery
Labor and delivery has 15 private rooms that have recently been renovated with wood-like flooring, flat-screen TVs and sleeping areas for fathers. Labor and delivery staff take pride in their ability to provide compassionate quality care and to react quickly and efficiently in an emergency. Obstetricians on the medical staff are supported around the clock by an on-call obstetric hospitalist on staff, a certified registered nurse anesthesiologist on the staff and certified registered nurses. If additional care is needed, Labor and delivery has four beds available for triage, three operating rooms and a Level III NICU nearby, with a neonatologist on staff around the clock. During your stay in the Margot Perot Center, you will also have access to a chaplain, mental health professionals, social workers and any other needed resources.
Recently renovated accommodations give new mothers and newborns a luxurious room where they can rest and become acquainted. Each of the 65 spacious private rooms provides a hotel-like experience in a peaceful atmosphere that encourages bonding of new families. Complimentary room service is available for patients and offers an extensive gourmet menu.
While at the Margot Perot Center, mothers have a choice of three room types: private, suite or deluxe suite, all complete with new décor, flooring, paint, finishes, lighting and furniture. For an additional fee, moms can reserve a suite or deluxe suite for their postpartum stays. Suites include a Refrigerator, coffeepot, sofa bed and flex-back chair. Deluxe suites, in addition to the suite amenities, also have a dining area with seating for two, a deluxe food basket, food coupons for the café, a gift certificate for massage, free parking coupons, a cotton terrycloth robe and a toiletry amenity kit.
- Visiting Hours — They are unrestricted other than daily from 1 to 4 p.m., which is Quiet Time in the unit that allows families time to rest and bond with their new babies
- Maps — Of the hospital campus
- Campus Dining — There are a number of restaurants on campus
- Hotel on Campus — Texas Health Dallas has a hotel in the hospital. The Guest House offers guest rooms to patients and families who need an affordable and convenient place to stay. Reservations are necessary.
- Gift Shops — Two are located on campus, one in the Main building and one in Perot.
- Newborn Photography — Texas Health Dallas has a photographer available to take photos of newborns while they are still in the hospital.
- Find a Pediatrician