Texas Health HIE Notice of Electronic Disclosure of Protected Health Information
Texas Health Resources Health Information Exchange (Texas Health HIE) may use or disclose your Protected Health Information (PHI) in accordance with Texas state and federal laws. For example, your information may be used or disclosed electronically for the purpose of treatment, payment or health care operations.
Participating Facilities and Clinics
Click the link below to see which facilities and clinics are contributing data to the Texas Health Resources Health Information Exchange.
Benefits of the Health Information Exchange (HIE)
Sam has recently been experiencing frequent episodes of chest discomfort along with occasional heart palpitations as well as sometimes feeling lightheaded or dizzy. He has a family physician and has made a same day appointment.
The results of the health information exchange benefits the patient and the physician:
- Patients receive better and safer cardiac care
- Cardiologists can view the entire cardiac patient profile, including the most recently published information
- Specialists can monitor patient progress at any time
- The hospital can review specialist’s findings
- Surgery has immediate access to the hospital’s angiograms
- There is a reduction in the number of unnecessary duplicate tests due to information being available
If you would like to learn more about Texas Health Resources Health Information Exchange, please reference the Frequently Asked Questions or Contact Us.