Surgeons on the medical staff at Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth use advanced robotic-assisted technology to perform a number of minimally invasive bariatric procedures. They will work with you to determine the most appropriate procedure for your long-term success.
Procedures offered at Texas Health Fort Worth include:
As a patient, you play a critical role in the long-term success of your surgery. You will need to:
- Commit to improving your health. This starts today! Depending on your weight, your surgeon will set an individualized goal of 3-5% total weight loss. This will be done prior to your surgery.
- Discuss your health history with your surgeon and your bariatric team.
- Attend all pre-operative appointments with your bariatric team. Some insurance plans require 3-6 consecutive months of nutritional counseling prior to your surgery. We will assist you in finding out what your insurance requires.
- Commit to scheduled post-operative follow-up with your bariatric team.
- Learn all you can about your surgery before making a decision. Discuss any questions or concerns you may have with your surgeon/bariatric team.
- Follow all instructions described in the Weight Loss Surgery Guide on nutrition, activity, and care after surgery. This information will be provided to you by the bariatric team.
- Complete a comprehensive preoperative work-up with your surgeon.
While surgery is a key component, long-term success is achieved when surgery is combined with healthy eating habits and regular physical activity. Patients who elect to have weight loss surgery at Texas Health Fort Worth will have access to a number of additional preoperative and postoperative services including:
Weight loss surgery is a helpful tool. However, success depends entirely on major lifestyle changes. Studies have shown that those who attend support groups are more likely to have long-term success in their weight loss journey.
Participation in support group and close follow-up with your bariatric team has been proven to increase overall weight loss and prevent complications. At Texas Health Fort Worth, we provide the resources needed for successful long-term outcomes.
Our support group provides information, education and support for current patients and families and those considering weight loss surgery.
For more information about our program:
please contact us at 817-820-4933.
Located in Klabzuba Tower
1300 West Terrell Ave., 2nd floor, Ste 220
Fort Worth, TX 76104