The Joint Replacement Program at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano recognizes that joint replacement patients are not sick but are working to improve their quality of life. That's why Texas Health Plano developed a unique joint replacement program that focuses on wellness and rehabilitation and helps shorten hospital stays while speeding up the recovery process.
Today, joint replacement surgery does not have to cause a major disruption to patients' lives. From an information pre-operative class and orthopedic-specific operating rooms to group physical therapy sessions and personal coaches, our unique approach to joint replacement surgery is designed to help patients heal quickly and comfortably. Plus, we've developed a system of care which uses established best practices in medicine and monitors outcomes in order to have the best results possible for patients.
Physicians on the medical staff are trained and experienced in advanced surgical techniques for joint replacement including minimally invasive joint replacements.
Joint replacement patients at Texas Health Plano benefit from:
- A comprehensive pre-operative class
- Nurses and therapists who specialize in the care of joint replacements
- A unit designed to help patients focus on progress instead of pain
- All private rooms
- Group physical therapy sessions
- Family or friends who are educated as "coaches" to help patients in the recovery process
- Group lunches with coaches, staff and other patients
- A dedicated Joint Care Coordinator who facilitates preoperative care and discharge planning
- A thorough patient guidebook
- Patient reunion lunches