The Vial of Life program is a community outreach service of Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Alliance.
In an emergency, time is crucial. The “Vial of Life” kit enables emergency responders to quickly locate helpful information regarding your medical history. Emergency responders, firefighters, paramedics, and police are trained to look for the “Vial of Life” sticker and obtain information from the Vial.
The kit contains:
- A Vial in which to store the medical information form and any advanced directive form you wish to include.
- A Medical Information Form. Complete this form immediately and place it in the Vial. For advanced directives information, visit TexasHealth.org/LivingWill.
- We encourage you to enlist the help of medical personnel to insure accuracy. If you need a physician referral, visit TexasHealth.org/FindaPhysician.
- Three stickers:
- One is already on the Vial. Be sure you write your name on this sticker.
- Place one on the front door of your residence.
- Place the other one on the upper outside corner of your refrigerator.
Once you have your kit, please take the time to complete the medical information form with current information, and then update that information each time you change the batteries in your home smoke detector.
Then put the Vial in the top shelf on the inside of the refrigerator door. That way, your health care team will know where to find the most current information about you when you need help in a hurry!
If you would like to request a Vial of Life, follow this link or call 1-877-THR-WELL.