March 12, 2021
Texas Health earns seventh consecutive ranking among prestigious industry employers

ARLINGTON, Texas — For the seventh consecutive year, Texas Health Resources has placed among the top of Fortune’s 2021 list of Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma.™ Texas Health is ranked No. 1 on the list.

“Achieving such a high ranking on this prestigious list as we have cared for our community members sick with COVID-19 is a testament to the strength of our commitment to our patients and each other,” said Barclay Berdan, FACHE, CEO. “I appreciate the dedication that Texas Health employees bring to their work each day and am proud to lead an organization committed to our mission of improving the health of the people in the communities we serve.”

The rankings are based on the responses of more than 800,000 employees working in healthcare and biopharma industries across the country. According to the Great Places to Work® survey, 85 percent of the ranking is centered on employees’ work experiences of trust and reaching their full potential within the organization. The remaining 15 percent is an assessment of employees’ daily experiences of innovation, values and effectiveness of leadership.

“Earning this recognition because of how our employees answered they feel about their work makes it even better,” said Carla Dawson, chief people officer of Texas Health. “Our team has made a heroic difference in the lives of North Texans during the pandemic. I am so proud of how we responded to the added worry and stress of the pandemic caring for each other and for our community along the way.”

Related News

About Texas Health Resources

Texas Health Resources is a faith-based, nonprofit health system that cares for more patients in North Texas than any other provider. With a service area that consists of 16 counties and more than 7 million people, the system is committed to providing quality, coordinated care through its Texas Health Physicians Group and 29 hospital locations under the banners of Texas Health Presbyterian, Texas Health Arlington Memorial, Texas Health Harris Methodist and Texas Health Huguley. Texas Health access points and services, ranging from acute-care hospitals and trauma centers to outpatient facilities and home health and preventive services, provide the full continuum of care for all stages of life. The system has more than 4,100 licensed hospital beds, 6,400 physicians with active staff privileges and more than 26,000 employees. For more information about Texas Health, call 1-877-THR-WELL, or visit  

We use cookies and similar technologies to enhance your experience on our website and help us
understand how our site is used as described in our Privacy Statement and Terms of Use. By
using this website, you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.
Accept and Close