ARLINGTON, Texas — Texas Health Resources has been ranked No. 20 on the 2021 LinkedIn Top Companies list in Dallas-Fort Worth. The list recognizes companies as the top workplaces to grow careers. The recognition is based on LinkedIn data that reveals companies that not only attract talent but also invest in their talent.
“We place a high priority on developing our employees so they can do their best work,” said Carla Dawson, chief people officer. “We feel a responsibility to help our employees grow professionally whether they are with us for two years or 20 years.”
The methodology for the recognition uses LinkedIn data to rank companies based on seven pillars that have been shown to lead to career progression: ability to advance; skills growth; company stability; external opportunity; company affinity; gender diversity; and educational background.
- Ability to advance tracks employee promotions within a company and when they move to a new company, based on standardized job titles.
- Skills growth looks at how employees across the company are gaining skills while employed at the company, using standardized LinkedIn skills.
- Company stability tracks attrition over the past year, as well as the percentage of employees that stay at the company at least three years.
- External opportunity looks at recruiter outreach across employees at the company, signaling demand for workers coming from these companies.
- Company affinity, which seeks to measure how supportive a company’s culture is, looks at connection volume on LinkedIn among employees, controlled for company size.
- Gender diversity measures gender parity within a company and its subsidiaries.
- Educational background examines the variety of educational attainment among employees, from no degree up to Ph.D. levels, reflecting a commitment to recruiting a wide range of professionals.
The LinkedIn ranking is part of a growing list of recognitions for Texas Health as a great place to work. In 2021 alone, Texas Health ranked in the top 10 best places to work in the country on Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For® list; ranked No. 1 on Fortune’s list of Best Places to Work in Health Care & Biopharma;™ and received the Texas Hospital Association’s Bill Aston Award for Quality.
About Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Resources is a faith-based, nonprofit health system that cares for more patients in North Texas than any other provider. With a service area that consists of 16 counties and more than 7 million people, the system is committed to providing quality, coordinated care through its Texas Health Physicians Group and 29 hospital locations under the banners of Texas Health Presbyterian, Texas Health Arlington Memorial, Texas Health Harris Methodist and Texas Health Huguley. Texas Health access points and services, ranging from acute-care hospitals and trauma centers to outpatient facilities and home health and preventive services, provide the full continuum of care for all stages of life. The system has more than 4,100 licensed hospital beds, 6,400 physicians with active staff privileges and more than 26,000 employees. For more information about Texas Health, call 1-877-THR-WELL, or visit www.TexasHealth.org.