The Cardiovascular Care Unit (CVCU) at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton offers heart patients a custom care experience, close to home. We believe education is key to your recovery. In an effort to help our patients make healthier choices and to be as informed as possible about their diagnosis, we offer the following:
- Rounds are made each afternoon where patients are encouraged to treat themselves to some heart-healthy dark chocolate or antioxidant tea.
- Quiet time is planned each day to encourage patients to rest and relax.
- Patient care experience manuals are provided upon admission. Each manual includes diagnosis-specific education, basic anatomy information, diagnostic procedure information, medication management, nutritional planning, rehabilitation techniques, diagnosis-specific discharge instructions and much more.
- Care team rounds are made each hour to address patient needs in a timely manner.
- Follow-up calls are made to each discharged patient to offer answers to any questions or concerns the patient or family might have about next steps.