Texas Health Resources offers Better Choices, Better Health, Stanford University’s award-winning, evidence-based chronic disease self-management program.
This free workshop is held once a week for six weeks, each session is two and a half hours. Workshops can be held in community settings such as senior centers, churches, libraries and hospitals.
Participants will learn:
- Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Appropriate use of medications
- Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
- Decision making
- How to evaluate new treatments
Each participant in the workshop receives a copy of the companion book, Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions, 4th Edition, and an audio relaxation CD, Relaxation for Mind and Body.
To find a class near you, please call 1-877-THR-WELL (1-877-847-9355) or visit TexasHealth.org/Classes.
For more information, contact Martha Miranda at 682-236-7650.