Women’s Health Specialists of Dallas
Women’s Health Specialists of Dallas is an experienced Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN) group proudly serving women of all ages for the past 40 years in the Dallas and Rockwall areas. Our team of board-certified OB/GYNs offer a wide range of services to help women through their pregnancies and maintain optimal health, from puberty through menopause. We strive to provide a personal and trustworthy experience for all our patients.
Financial Policies Statement
At Women’s Health Specialists of Dallas, we accept most major insurance plans. Please find a
Here is a list of some of the plans we accept. Please note our office is not contracted with Medicare or Medicaid so we are unable to accept new patients for either plan type, for more information you may contact the office. Otherwise please contact our office if you do not see your insurance provider listed.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Great-West Healthcare
- Meritain Health
- Oxford Health Plans
- Pan American Life
- Appointment times are approximate only because each patient requires individualized attention by the doctor and their staff for whatever time period that may be necessary. The office tries to run as on-time as possible. The doctor, as a specialist, may be confronted with emergency cases during the day, which may delay our schedule. The doctor may have to go deliver a baby or perform emergency surgery. If this happens, we always try to contact our patients to come in at a later time or give them the option to reschedule at their convenience. Patients may also be offered an appointment at the same time, but with a different doctor. We try to update our patients immediately if there are any delays. Please try to understand if you are asked to wait for the doctor.
- Prescriptions are usually electronically prescribed to the patient’s preferred pharmacy at the time of their visit. Some prescriptions will need to be handwritten depending on the type of medication prescribed. If this is the case, it is the patient’s responsibility to take it to the pharmacy. Prescription refills are best submitted to the pharmacy directly; the pharmacy will then contact the office through the electronic prescription system. Please make sure your preferred pharmacy is updated at each visit.
- Co-pays/Co-insurance must be paid at the time service is rendered. If you do not have your payment with you, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment. For your convenience, in addition to major credit cards, we now accept Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- It is your responsibility to know what your insurance provides. Please read your policy and know its provisions, as well as its exclusions. There are hundreds of different health care plans presented for claims. You are encouraged to discuss fees or billing questions with the insurance coordinator.
- Failure to give at least 24 hours advance notice to cancel or reschedule appointments will result in a charge to your account for a missed appointment. Our missed appointment fee is $50.00 for standard office appointments and $75 for in-office procedures and will have to be paid before your next appointment.
We understand that you want your appointments to run as smoothly as possible. To streamline your first visit, our patient forms are available online.
Simply click on the links below to download, print, complete and bring the forms to your appointment. In order to protect your privacy, please do not email forms.
- New Patient Registration Form: English | Español
- Consent to Treat: English | Español
- Patient History Form: English | Español
- Medical Release of Information: English | Español
Patient Referral Resources
What to Expect
Thank you for selecting our office to provide your obstetric and gynecologic needs! Within this site, you will find Frequently Asked Questions and our Office Policies, designed to make our patients feel at ease and to receive the care that you deserve. Our experienced women’s healthcare professionals are devoted to your comfort and will make every effort to ensure that your visit is a pleasant one.
BEFORE SEEING THE DOCTOR, you will be seen by a medical assistant to answer a couple of questions to expedite your visit. This gives you the chance to get to know your medical assistant and ask any questions that you may have so that your doctor will be able to discuss them with you.
IF YOU REQUIRE SURGERY, we will endeavor to make you as comfortable as we can. Our surgery scheduler will contact your insurance to verify coverage and then contact you to select a date for your procedure. Once you are scheduled, you will have a pre-operative visit with your doctor so that you will understand the risks and benefits of surgery and have him/her answer any questions. You will also have blood work done if necessary.
IF YOU ARE PREGNANT, when you come in for your initial obstetrics visit, you will first have a sonogram performed. You will then meet with the medical assistant to get your vital signs, update some history, and give a urine specimen. Then you will see your OB/GYN physician, who will perform an exam, discuss pregnancy expectations and options, and answer your questions. After your first visit, our billing manager will send you a notice of your financial obligations and deposits.
FOR ANNUAL GYNECOLOGIC VISITS our appointment secretary will send out a reminder 2-3 months in advance. We recommend that you call at this time to make your appointment. As some of you are aware, our office can get booked quickly. If you are a teacher or a student and would like a summer appointment, please schedule your annual gynecologic visit several months in advance.
If there is anything that we can do to make your visit more pleasant, please let us know!
Medical Records Requests
Open AllClose All