Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served. The system's primary service area consists of 16 counties in north central Texas, home to more than 6.2 million people.
Texas Health was formed in 1997 with the assets of Fort Worth-based Harris Methodist Health System and Dallas-based Presbyterian Healthcare Resources. Later that year, Arlington Memorial Hospital joined the Texas Health system.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians* with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
Mission, Vision and Values
To improve the health of the people in the communities we serve.
Texas Health Resources, a faith-based organization joining with physicians, will be the health care system of choice.
Respecting the dignity of all persons, fostering a corporate culture characterized by teamwork, diversity and empowerment.
Conduct our corporate and personal lives with integrity; Relationships based on loyalty, fairness, truthfulness and trustworthiness.
Sensitivity to the whole person, reflective of God's compassion and love, with particular concern for the poor.
Continuously improving the quality of our service through education, research, competent and innovative personnel, effective leadership and responsible stewardship of resources.
We will provide and maintain a fair and equitable environment for all by valuing and respecting individual differences for our enrichment and that of the communities we serve.
Texas Health Resources Data
- 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures
- More than 5,500 physicians* with staff privileges
- 25 acute-care, transitional, rehabilitation and short-stay hospitals
- 18 outpatient facilities and more than 250 other community access points
- More than 3,800 licensed hospital beds
All campuses in the Texas Health Resources family of hospitals are tobacco-free. This policy applies to all patients, employees, visitors and physicians on the medical staff.
Your questions, comments or requests for more information are always welcome.
Texas Health Resources
612 E. Lamar Boulevard
Arlington, TX 76011
* Doctors on the medical staff practice independently and are not employees or agents of the hospital. Doctors on the medical staff at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas practice independently and are not employees or agents of the hospital except resident doctors in the hospital's graduate medical education program.