YES Dallas (Youth Engagement in Sports) is a new program aiming to increase physical activity and improve nutrition for middle school youth. The program is free to participants.
- Be in the 6th, 7th or 8th grade.
- Live in or attend school in the Pleasant Grove neighborhood of Dallas.
- Commit to being active for at least 60 minutes a day.
- Complete three fitness assessments and surveys over a 6-month period.
- Provide permission from parent/responsible guardian to participate.
- Sample a variety of sports and fitness activities.
- Participate in cooking demonstrations and nutrition classes.
- Earn prizes for participation.
- Healthy snacks.
Read the press release about the grant and the initiative.
Contact us at YesDallas@texashealth.org.
Funding for YES Dallas is made possible by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services - Office on Women's Health.