Things to Know
Vascular rehabilitation is a specialized exercise program that is medically supervised by a team of cardiovascular nurses, exercise physiologists and other personnel. Vascular rehabilitation is conducted in a hospital outpatient setting by qualified personnel who are trained in exercise therapy for PAD.
Why Vascular Rehabilitation?
The benefits of completing a vascular rehabilitation program include:
- Improved quality of life
- Increased walking distance before experiencing symptoms
- Greater muscle strength and endurance
- Reduced cardiovascular disease risk factors
- More knowledge about your condition and overall health
- Sessions consist of 30-60 minutes of therapeutic exercise training, including treadmill walking, stationary cycling and other cardiovascular and strengthening activities, depending on your individual condition and tolerance to exercise
- One to three sessions per week for up to 12 weeks (36 sessions)
- Five minute warm up and cool down period
- Education on PAD, healthy lifestyle changes and risk factor reduction
Medicare and many other insurance companies can cover a large portion, if not all, of the costs of vascular rehabilitation. Insurance benefits will be verified before patients enter the program.
Are You a Candidate?
A doctor will need to diagnose you with PAD or intermittent claudication (IC) through evaluation and diagnostic tests before you can participate in vascular rehabilitation.
Symptoms of PAD can include:
- Painful and limited walking due to pain in the legs and calf muscles
- Poor tolerance to activities of daily living while standing
Contributing factors of PAD:
- Presence of other health conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure or abnormal blood cholesterol levels
- Presence of heart disease, heart attack or stroke
A doctor’s referral is required for vascular rehabilitation. A vascular rehab representative will work with you and your physician’s office to get you started.
Open AllClose All
Vascular Rehabilitation Locations
Texas Health Allen1105 N. Central Expressway
Medical Office Building 2, #2250
Allen, TX 75013
Texas Health Arlington Memorial800 West Randol Mill Road
Arlington, TX 76012
Texas Health Burleson2750 SW Wilshire Blvd.
Burleson, TX 76028
Texas Health Dallas7232 Greenville Ave.
Dallas, TX 75231
Texas Health Denton3000 North Interstate 35
Denton, TX 76201
Texas Health Fort Worth1301 Pennsylvania Avenue
Fort Worth, TX 76104
Texas Health HEB1600 Hospital Parkway
Bedford, TX 76022
Texas Health Plano6300 W. Parker Road
Plano, TX 75093
Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth6301 Harris Parkway
Fort Worth, TX 76132
Texas Health Willow Park101 Crown Pointe Blvd.
Willow Park, TX 76087
Open AllClose All