What is the Special Care Nursery?
While in the Special Care Nursery, parents can take care of their baby with nursing staff nearby to assist.The Special Care Nursery has:
- Private rooms with bathrooms, where parents may stay overnight
- Room service dining
- Developmental pediatrician on the medical staff to monitor baby’s progress
- A play area for siblings
Special Care Nursery Location
The Special Care Nursery is located on the sixth floor of the Jackson building. Convenient parking is in Lot 11.
Visitors in the Special Care Nursery
Visitors are welcome between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. when accompanied by a parent of the baby.
A few additional notes:
- Siblings of the baby may visit but must be supervised in the room and family lounge at all times
- Children and visitors may not stay overnight
- Due to limited space, please limit guests to no more than four in the room at one time
- During cold and flu season, October through April, siblings under the age of 16 may have restricted visitation