If you think you’re in labor or have a complication or concern, visit the Obstetrics Emergency Department. Staffed by board-certified OB/GYN physicians on the medical staff at Texas Health HEB, the OB Emergency Department is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide on-site care if an emergency occurs.
You will enter through the MRI entrance located next to the Emergency Department if you are arriving during regular business hours. If you arrive between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m. you will enter through the main Emergency Department entrance.
The Obstetrics Emergency Room can help when:
- You think you might be in labor
- You are experiencing pelvic pain
- You have abnormal vaginal bleeding
- You have a bladder infection or urinary tract infection
- You are experiencing severe nausea
- You have concerns related to a high-risk pregnancy, such as high blood pressure
- You have other pregnancy-related complications
When You Arrive
You will be seen by a board-certified OB/GYN physician on the medical staff who will evaluate you and your baby’s condition and provide care until your primary OB/GYN provider arrives.
In the event your OB/GYN provider is not available, care team members, including OB/GYN physicians on the medical staff and nurses, may examine you, evaluate the progress of your labor, and review test results and fetal heart rate tracings. They will also address any evolving issues and work alongside your provider to develop a coordinated care plan.
For questions, call 817-848-4930.