Texas Health Fitness Center HEB is here to help you achieve your goals. Open to the public, we offer convenient hours, affordable rates, and all the amenities of a large health club in a comfortable, easy-going environment. More health. Less club.
Fitness Center Features
The large facility offers all the fitness essentials, including:
- Premium strength and cardio equipment
- More than 35 exercise classes, including Pilates, yoga, Zumba and cycling**
- Free educational classes with topics ranging from stress management to nutrition
- 12 flat-screen TVs with DIRECTV and Sirius satellite radio
- Rubberized Mondo flooring to help protect knees and joints
Complimentary Member Services
- New member orientation: One-hour instruction on cardio equipment and strength training based on your goals, needs and medical history
- Locker room with complimentary towel services, showers and toiletries**
- Coffee bar and lounge area**
- Regular re-evaluations and program updates
- Evaluation package including Tanita body composition testing, measurements, blood pressure and oxygen level check, grip strength, and functional movement assessment
- Massage therapy**
- Personal training
- Group personal training**
- Pilates transformer training
- Wellness programs, including weight management and performance training
*Additional fees apply
**Due to COVID-19 and safety concerns, some services may be temporarily closed or have reduced hours.
Our nationally certified personal trainers, exercise physiologists and fitness specialists can help you develop a personal exercise routine to help you achieve your health and fitness goals. They also provide plenty of enthusiasm and support along the way!
Staff members are CPR certified and hold degrees in exercise physiology, kinesiology, physical education, exercise and sports, exercise science or a related field.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday: 5:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Premium Fitness Equipment
- Cardio equipment including treadmills, elliptical cross-trainers, stair climbers and NuSteps®
- Nautilus® strength equipment, with a smoother range of motion and modifications for members with arthritis
- Free weights and weight machines
Group Fitness Classes
Most group fitness classes are complimentary with a membership. All fitness levels are welcome in each class. Modifications will be shown.
Call 817-848-5600 for our current schedule, or find us on Facebook
Balance Blitz: Enjoy this station class and work at your own pace.
Balance Class: A series of fun and challenging exercises that change each week. The class is aimed at enhancing overall balance and coordination and assist in reducing fall risk.
Body Blitz: A 30- to 40-minute express workout. Class format includes abdominals, lower body, upper body, circuit workout, strength and coordination, and core conditioning and flexibility. You’ll find something different at every class! Make the most of your time in this intense, total body sculpting class that squeezes a 60-minute workout into 30 to 40 minutes.
Boot Camp: Bring your energy for a challenging variety of cardio, muscular strength and endurance moves to pump up your day.
Lifestyle Conditioning: A conditioning class designed to aid in your daily tasks of living. It includes functional strength training with an emphasis on postural form, alignment, strength and flexibility. The class is geared towards keeping you healthy and safe as you enjoy life!
Low Impact: An alternative to other aerobic workouts with high intensity moves. It is a great cardio workout with a lot of movement.
Pilates: This classfocuses on improving flexibility and strength for the overall body but doesn't build bulk. More than just exercise, Pilates is a series of controlled movements to engage one's body and mind. It can be done by someone at any level of fitness.
Power Pump: A60-minute barbell program for able-bodied men and women of all ages and fitness levels.
Shotokan Karate: A martial art that teaches self-defense skills through blocking, punching, kicking, striking and situational awareness. It improves balance, flexibility and strength while providing stress relief and stress management skills. This class is taught by professionals for people of all fitness levels. *Fee-based class
Silver Sneakers® Boom: Ahigher intensity dance workout class that improves cardio endurance and burns calories. It is all about breaking a sweat and having fun. A blend of cardio- and strength-based athletic exercises inspired by functional movements. Stretching, core strength and improving flexibility are included.
Silver Sneakers® Classic: Move to the music through a variety of exercises designed to increase strength and range of motion (Chair-based class).
Yoga: Focuses on correct breathing, stretching and toning muscles, balance and relaxation.
Yoga Therapy: Stretching, relaxation and breathing techniques to improve overall health. Professional help based on your individual needs. *Fee-based class
Zumba: Zumba is a fusion of Latin and international music and dance themes, creating a dynamic and effective fitness workout. Classes feature aerobic/ and interval training with a combination of fast and slow rhythms that tone and sculpt the body.
Personal training provides a unique experience in strength and cardiovascular training through individual instruction or small group instruction. The trainer works with each individual to assess needs, determine goals and develop a customized program for the client.
Additional fees apply.
Sponsored by the Texas Health Resources Foundation, the N.E.A.T. Program has shown that proper nutrition and exercise reduce nausea and fatigue in women undergoing breast cancer treatment.
If released by a physician to participate, recovery exercise includes stretching, abdominal, cardiovascular and strength training — all based on the patient’s ability.
The patient’s ability will be determined during an exercise assessment conducted by a fitness professional prior to starting the program.
In addition to exercise, N.E.A.T. Program participants have an opportunity to develop relationships with others who have gone through or who are going through a similar experience.
Organized exercise times for the N.E.A.T. Program are:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 8 a.m.
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday at noon
- NEAT Basics: Monday and Wednesday at 3 p.m.
- Yoga: Wednesday at 10 a.m.
- Zumba: Saturday at 9 a.m.
For more information, please contact Sandy Angell at 817-848-5600 or SandraAngell@TexasHealth.org.
Additional fees apply.
Massage therapy services are temporarily unavailable.
Basic and specific therapies, including Swedish, deep tissue, trigger point and on-site chair and table massages, are available by appointment. Massages are performed by a licensed massage therapist and can be purchased in a number of intervals.
A licensed massage therapist at Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford:
- Is a trained, licensed therapist practicing in a private, professional clinical setting
- Has a background in detailed muscular anatomy
- Is educated in many different types of massage
- Manipulates soft body tissue for therapeutic purposes
- Does not diagnose medical problems or manipulate bones.
Massage therapy is a hands-on technique that may:
- Reduce stress and tension
- Relieve mental and physical fatigue
- Relax stiff, aching muscles and tendons and ease soreness
- Enhance movement of joints and muscles
- Improve circulation and increase oxygenation of the tissues
- Increase oxygen to the muscles helping to rid the body of metabolic wastes, which decreases muscle pain and spasm
- Relieve tension-related headaches, eye strain and minor arthritic pain
- Produce a calmer mind
- Reduce anxiety
- Give a feeling of rejuvenation and well-being.
Massage therapy is used by performing artists, physicians, luggage handlers, homemakers, persons with prolonged inactivity due to injury, illness or aging, flight attendants, infants in hospital nurseries, pregnant women and athletes.
Additional Massage Services
- Members and Non-Members: $1.00/minute
- A definitive rehabilitative taping technique
- Facilitates the body's natural healing process
- Provides support and stability to muscles and joints without restricting the body's range of motion
KT Tape pro is:
- 100% waterproof
- 100% sweat proof
- Unlike cotton tapes or braces, KT Tape Pro can be worn comfortably in the shower or in the pool
Kinesio Taping - Basic: $15
Kinesio Taping - Medial to advanced: $20 to $45
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call our front desk at 817-848-5600.
Health and Wellness Evaluation and Testing
New Member Orientation Free
One-hour instruction on cardio equipment and strength training based on your goals, needs and medical history.
Evaluation Package Optional: $15
One Hour Appointment Includes:
- Tanita Test
- Body fat percentage
- Bone Mass
- Metabolic Rate
- Muscular balance
- Blood Pressure and Oxygen Level
- Grip Strength
- Functional Movement Assessment
New Member Personal Training Package
One-time purchase: 3 for $99
Additional Service (available for members and non-members)
Tanita Body Composition Analysis: $25
What is it?
- A scale that analyzes body composition: muscle, bone, fat (visceral and subcutaneous) and water
Why take the test?
The Tanita gives you the following information:
- How much muscle, bone, fat and water weight you have.
- Where muscle and fat are located.
- Learn the desirable ranges for these categories to help set goals.
- Learn how fast your metabolism runs for a greater understanding of how to lose or gain weight.
Call 817-848-5600 for more information.
Texas Health Fitness Center HEB requires no long-term contracts. Members simply pay a one-time enrollment charge. After that, payment is month-to-month.
Memberships are available for individuals or the entire family. Members have access to free lockers, towel service and group exercise classes. New members receive a free fitness evaluation and orientation.
Membership also includes access to fitness centers at other Texas Health Resources facilities.
The fitness center participates in the Medical Fitness Association's Exchange Program, which gives members guest privileges at other medical fitness centers. For more information about this program, please contact a staff member.
- Individual enrollment: $25
- Individual monthly dues: $41
- Family enrollment: $50
- Family monthly dues: $62
Corporate rates are available
Employee Membership Fees
- Individual dues (per pay period): $11
- Family dues (per pay period): $23
- Enrollment: $50
Payment options include electronic fund transfer or six- and 12-month prepay through ASF Payment Solutions.
Payroll deduction is available for Texas Health HEB employees only. Call 817-848-5600 for more information.
Open AllClose All