Out of time and energy?
The Gift of Motherhood eLearning Childbirth Education Program is a convenient alternative for expectant parents who cannot attend a conventional prepared childbirth class due to bed rest, scheduling conflicts or time constraints. It is also useful as a refresher course for repeat parents.
Try it now.
Click the image above to try a
The program is an interactive, Web-based tool that contains animated illustrations, videos, voice-overs, and games.
The eLearning program includes:
- Access for a 10-week period, beginning from the date of your initial use. You will receive an access code after you register and pay for the class.
- An accompanying parent's handbook, available after registration.
- A labor and delivery tour at the Texas Health hospital in which you will deliver your child. Follow this link to find and register for a tour, or call 1-877-THR-WELL (1-877-847-9355).
- The opportunity to contact one of our nurse educators by email to answer brief questions.
- Childbirth education and labor support
- Discomforts of pregnancy
- Understanding labor and birth
- Labor guide
- Caring for yourself postpartum
- Feeding your newborn
- Caring for your newborn
$75 for 10-week access
Questions or comments?
Call toll-free, 1-877-THR-WELL (1-877-847-9355).
Please Note: If you should experience any pain or bleeding, or believe that there is something wrong with your pregnancy, call your health care provider immediately, go to your hospital's emergency room, or dial 911 for help.
What is the eLearning program?
What do I need in order to view the book?
The Gift of Motherhood eLearning program is a flash-based online book that will allow you to understand all aspects of pregnancy.
You'll need the most recent version of Adobe Flash, a fast internet connection (DSL, Cable or other broadband) and Adobe Reader. You'll also need a computer
with sound and speakers or headphones to hear the audio.
How do I use it?
Read the eBook just like you would a traditional book — click on the edge of the book to turn the page. Also, be sure to click on all of the icons to learn more.
Some icons open a movie or animation, others give you added information. If you see a word in green, be sure to move your mouse over it to learn the definition.
What if I'm having difficulty with the eBook?
Some common problems may occur when using the eBook. First, make sure your Internet connection is working by visiting some other sites. Then, make sure you have the newest version of Adobe Flash. You may need to uninstall the previous version of Flash before you install the new version. For instructions on how to
uninstall Flash, visit their support site.
What if I can't see anything?
Wait a couple of minutes more to let the program load. When Internet access is slow, the eBook may load more slowly than normal. If, after a several minutes,
nothing appears, try restarting your computer.
What if the videos don't work?
Give the videos a moment to load and make sure you have the latest version of Flash. If it still doesn't work, try restarting your computer.
What if my code doesn't work anymore?
Try re-entering the code, making sure there are no spaces before or after the code. If that does not work, contact the administrator at your hospital to make sure the code is still active. Note: All "0" are numerals.
- Sound Card
- Speakers or Headphones
- Updated Video Card
- Approximately 512MB RAM
- 1 Ghz processor (recommended)
- Access to a nearby printer (optional)
- Active-X controls enabled
- Pop-ups turned on
- Java enabled
- Latest version of Adobe Macromedia Flash Player
- Latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher, FireFox or Safari
- Full Accessories installed with Windows operating system
- High-speed Internet access