If you have had sutures or staples placed at a Texas Health Resources Emergency Room, you have several options for their subsequent removal.
- You can go to your primary care physician or other healthcare provider to have the sutures or staples removed.
- You can contact local clinics to see if they provide suture or staple removal services.
- You can return to the Emergency Room to have the sutures or staples removed.
Please be aware that if you return to the Emergency Room, you will incur additional costs from the follow-up visit.
General guidelines for removing sutures or staples are:
- 5 days for face sutures/staples
- 7 days for scalp sutures/staples
- 10 days for arms, legs, or trunk sutures/staples