Congratulations on taking an important step forward in improving your overall health by requesting a consultation with us! We’re here to help you navigate your weight loss journey.
How Can I Start the Process?
After you complete the consultation request form, our bariatric program director will reach out to you within 10 days to provide options for care and counseling based on the information you’ve requested. This connection may take place via email, phone, or a face-to-face or virtual dialogue based on your comfort level.
Our first priority is to understand your unique goals for weight loss and better health. Out of this dialogue, we can work together to find the best solution for you. We’ll also verify your benefits in detail so you know where you stand financially.
The relationship you form with your bariatric care team will be a long-term one, so we want you to feel comfortable that you have the information and support you need to make the best decisions for you.
As part of the process, we will ask you to complete the below forms. These will give us the information needed to inquire about what requirements your insurance may have prior to surgery. Please feel free to download the forms, fill them out, bring them with you at your consult or fax them back to us at 469-698-1236.
Questions To Ask Along the Journey
We want to help give you peace of mind as you make decisions about your surgical or non-surgical weight loss solution. Here are some questions to consider asking as you look to choose a physician and clinic for your care and treatment.
- Who does your care team consist of?
- When and how often will I meet with the surgeon?
- How do the different types of surgical weight loss procedures compare?
- What procedures does your clinic perform and how often?
- How will surgery help me lose weight?
- How much weight can I expect to lose?
- What are the risks associated with the various surgical procedures?
- How could the surgery affect other health problems I have?
- How long will I be in the hospital, and off work recovering?
- What type of follow-up care will I need?
- What post-surgery resources do you offer?
- How much food will I be able to eat afterward?
- Are there certain foods I won't be able to eat?
- Will my health insurance cover the costs of surgery? If not, what costs will I have to pay?