Reduce SILOS (Social Isolation and Lift Outcomes for Seniors) is a free program for adults age 50+ designed to serve low-income individuals who are socially isolated.
Social Isolation and Loneliness happens to many people. According to AARP Foundation, more than 8 million Americans over the age of 50 are affected by social isolation and loneliness.
What is social isolation?
- Spending most of your day alone
- Feeling separated or distant from friends or family
- It can happen when you live alone or with other people
- It is not the same as feeling lonely
What is loneliness?
- Feeling like you are not seen or heard
- Feeling alone when you are around other people
- Feeling no one really knows or understands you
- When you don’t feel useful to others
How can this program help?
You will learn about different events or activities in your neighborhood or community that you can join if you want to. Each participant is paired with a Community Health Worker (CHW) to create your own connectivity plan specific to your community and interest.
The CHW will continue to be a community resource and support to you for the next 12 months.
We look forward to hearing from you! For more information, email: THRReduceSILOS@TexasHealth.org
In partnership with: