When you eat well, you perform well. If you’re looking to get a natural edge as an athlete, nothing can take the place of proper nutrition. Athletes need more vitamins, minerals, and calories to train at a high level. The lack of these essential nutrients can lead to fatigue, injury, and decreased performance. Your goal is to fuel your body all day long through meals, snacks, and fluids.
From individual nutrition sessions to personalized meal plans, grocery shopping trips, and sports team presentations, the sports dietitians at Texas Health Sports Medicine can help athletes achieve performance goals through a myriad of sports nutrition services.
Texas Health Sports Medicine offers the following sports nutrition services:
- Individual nutrition sessions, meal plans and education to meet your schedule and food preferences
- Fast food, restaurant, and travel eating tips and meal plans
- Sports nutrition team and booster club seminars
- Small group nutrition sessions
- Nutrition and wellness seminars at businesses, luncheons, events, gyms, etc.
- Grocery shopping trips
- Healthy cooking tips
- Follow-up and accountability sessions in person, over the phone and email
Sports dietitians apply the latest nutrition research to help athletes optimize performance and recovery while also promoting long-term health. Sports nutrition differs from basic nutrition by focusing on macronutrient needs according to training, recovery nutrition to prevent chronic soreness or injury and tailoring your daily intake to match specific goals. Whether it be changing body composition, speed, strength or a personal record, we want to help athletes of any age to achieve their goals.
Proper nutrition can help athletes in the following ways:
- Increase athletic performance
- Increase conditioning levels
- Increase strength levels
- Increase energy levels in everyday life and training
- Increase mental capacity, acuity and alertness
- Increase metabolic functioning
- Boost immune system
- Increase the amount of lean muscle mass
- Improve recovery time after injury
- Improve hydration status
- Promotes muscle repair and growth
- Decrease risk for injury
- Decrease risk of chronic fatigue
- Reduce total body fat
- Decrease the amount of muscle tissue lost during training
If you are interested in taking the health and performance to the next level with sports nutrition, we will be happy to meet for a detailed, one-on-one assessment to custom-design a plan tailored to your specific lifestyle, exercise and recovery requirements. Through our individual sports nutrition services, you have the option to choose a one-time appointment or a package option that provides more education and accountability to drive results.
We also provide team and group sports nutrition services including presentations, menu development, and sport-specific recommendations for optimal fueling and recovery.
Contact us for more information on our sports nutrition services and pricing.