Texas Health Heart & Vascular Hospital Arlington, located inside Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital on the 3rd & 5th floors, is a physician-led hospital offering advanced services for the diagnosis and treatment of heart and vascular conditions. Patients who visit the emergency room at Texas Health Arlington Memorial with these conditions are transferred to the heart hospital to receive specialized care under a seamless process.
- Effective 6/1/2021, two visitors per patient.
Labor & Delivery/Postpartum
- Two support persons and/ or doula may be allowed depending on the COVID-19 status of the mother, support persons and/ or doula. The same support persons must remain throughout labor and delivery. Once moved to postpartum, visitors can be switched out each day.
Neonatal ICU (NICU)
- Two parents/guardians may be allowed depending upon their COVID-19 status.
- Effective 11/24/2020, one visitor per patient per day.
- No visitors.
For safety, positive/suspected positive COVID-19 patients will not have visitors.
About the Hospital
The heart hospital, which focuses on treating cardiothoracic and vascular diseases, is comprised of 47 beds, four operating rooms, three cath labs, and one electrophysiology lab. Its services will include:
- Interventional cardiology
- Interventional vascular
- Vascular surgery
- Mitral valve repair surgery
Texas Health Heart & Vascular Hospital Arlington is independent hospital located on the 3rd and 5th floors of Texas Health Arlington Memorial.
Texas Health Heart & Vascular Hospital’s four catheterization labs feature advanced imaging equipment, known throughout the healthcare industry for outstanding image quality and low x-ray radiation dose to both the patient and staff. Some of the procedures available may include:
- Atherectomy (coronary and peripheral)
- Atrial Septal Defect Repair
- Balloon Angioplasty
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Carotid Stents
- Coronary Stents
- Drug-eluting Stents
- EP Studies – Electrophysiology
- Temporary Pacemaker
- Permanent Pacemaker
- Internal Cardiac Defibrillators
- Intravascular Ultrasound
- Laser – Coronary and Peripheral
- Implantable Loop Recorders
- Peripheral Angiography
- Peripheral Stents
- PFO Closure (Patent Foramen Ovale)
- PTA – percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (balloon on peripheral vessels, renals etc.)
- PTCA – percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (balloon).
- Diamondback 360
- Renal Angiography
- Renal stents
Texas Health Heart & Vascular Hospital’s four operative suites designed to provide heart surgery as well as thoracic and peripheral vascular surgical procedures. All operating rooms are equipped with advanced hemodynamic (blood flow) monitoring equipment, 4K video equipment and emergency equipment needed to provide quality care.
Cardiothoracic Services Offered
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting Surgery (CABG)
- Aortic Valve Replacement (AVR)
- Mitral Valve Repair or Replacement (MVR)
- Tricuspid Valve Repair or Replacement (TVR)
- Aortic Root Replacement
- Left Atrial Appendage Clip or Resection
- Surgical Ablation (MAZE)
- Surgical Atrial Septal Defect Closure
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Endoscopic vein harvesting
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement
- Video Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS)
- Lung Resection
- Esaphogastrectomy Surgery
- Laser Lead Extraction
Non-Thoracic Services Offered
- Femoral to Popliteal/Femoral to Tibial Peripheral Bypass Grafting Surgery
- Port placements
Cardiac rehabilitation is available at Texas Health Arlington Memorial that allows for a seamless transition to continue your recovery after discharge. Cardiac rehab includes activities related to critical functions of heart health, such as exercise, education, dieting and lifestyle modification. The goal is to help you restore and maintain optimal health while helping to reduce the risk of future heart problems.
Open AllClose All
Sherri Emerson, Chief Operating Officer
John Jayachandran, President
James Norcross, Chief Medical Officer
Open AllClose All