You will enter through the main hospital entrance which is open 24 hours. The OB Emergency Department is located in the Bloxom Tower on the first floor.
The Obstetrics Emergency Room can help when:
- You think you might be in labor
- Your water breaks
- You are experiencing pelvic pain
- You have abnormal vaginal bleeding
- You feel decreased fetal movements
- You are experiencing severe nausea
- You have concerns related to a high-risk pregnancy, such as high blood pressure
- You have other pregnancy-related complications
When You Arrive
You will be seen by a board-certified OB/GYN physician on the medical staff who will evaluate you and your baby’s condition and provide care until your primary OB/GYN provider arrives.
In the event your OB/GYN provider is not available, care team members, including OB/GYN physicians on the medical staff and nurses, may examine you, evaluate the progress of your labor, and review test results and fetal heart rate tracings. They will also address any evolving issues and work alongside your provider to develop a coordinated care plan.
For questions, call 817-250-2009.