Diabetes Education Centers
Texas Health Resources offers eight outpatient diabetes education centers located throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth area. The American Diabetes Association has recognized each center for Quality Self-Management Education.
A team of diabetes educators, registered nurses and registered dietitians helps participants develop diabetes management skills to live a healthier life. The program includes curriculum offered both individually and as a group learning series. Consultations at the beginning and end of the series assess a patient’s specific needs and set personalized goals for incorporating program elements into daily life.
- Group and individual counseling for Type 1, Type 2, gestational or pre-diabetes
- Instruction in blood sugar monitoring and managing medications
- Personalized nutritional counseling to fit different tastes and lifestyles
- Education on how to detect and prevent diabetes-related complications
- Exercise, stress management and education
- Monthly support group meetings for patients and their families
For more information or to inquire about an initial consultation, please call 1-800-804-3399.