- Physician Assistant
- Texas Tech University-School of Allied Health Sciences - Graduate School - 2005
- Shelton Jones began his medical career in the United States Navy as Hospital Corpsman stationed with the Marine Corps. After being honorably discharged from the Navy in 1995, Jones spent five years with the Trinity Mother Frances Health System in Tyler, Texas, as a physical therapist assistant. He is experienced in the areas of inpatient care, orthopedics and orthopedic trauma, pediatrics, sports medicine and rehabilitative care with special focus on fracture care, wound debridement and management, casting and splinting, and spine treatments.
Jones is a graduate of Kilgore College in Kilgore, Texas, where he earned his Associate of Applied Science in physical therapy. He later went back to school to earn his Master of Physician Assistant Studies with honors from Texas Tech University Health Science Center in Midland.
Jones enjoys using his medical experience to help simplify complicated diagnoses so that patients can make informed decisions about their care. He is a member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, Pediatric Orthopedic Practitioner Society and Texas Academy of Physician Assistants.
= Accepting New Patients
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Essentials (HMO Blue)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue UT Connect
- Care N Care Medicare Adv
- Cigna Medicare Adv HMO
- Medicare Dallas
- Medicare Railroad
- Medicare Rest Of Texas
- TriWest (BCBS)
- Rating Breakdown
Reviews are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score. For more information about the survey please visit the About Our Survey page.
- Patient Reviews
Provider comments are gathered from our Press Ganey patient surveys and displayed in their entirety. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy. For more information about the survey please visit the About Our Survey Page.
Open AllClose All