- Physician Assistant
- UTSW School of Health Professions-Physician Assistants - Graduate School - 2001
- Peter Kunkel received his bachelor’s degree from Kansas State University in 1988 and his master’s degree in clinical physiology from Indiana University in 1991. In 2001, he completed his degree in physician assistant studies from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and specializes in cardiology.
Kunkel is active in teaching at the medical school as well as the Texas Health residency program, where he was named the “Teacher of the Year” in 2011. He and his wife Lisa have three children. In his spare time, he enjoys skiing, fly fishing and camping.
= Accepting New Patients
- Aetna Better Health Star Plans Medicaid
- Aetna Medicare Adv
- Aetna TX HealthAetna
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Essentials (HMO Blue)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue UT Connect
- Cigna HealthSpring Medicaid
- Cigna Medicare Adv HMO
- HealthScope (DART)
- Humana ChoiceCare Commercial
- Medicare Dallas
- Medicare Railroad
- PHCS Multiplan
- Tricare Humana Military
- TriWest (BCBS)
- USA Commercial PPO
- Rating Breakdown
Reviews are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score. For more information about the survey please visit the About Our Survey page.
- Patient Reviews
Provider comments are gathered from our Press Ganey patient surveys and displayed in their entirety. Patients are de-identified for confidentiality and patient privacy. For more information about the survey please visit the About Our Survey Page.
Open AllClose All