The wound care and ostomy center provides specialized outpatient
treatment for non-healing wounds, as well as outpatient
assessment and education regarding fecal and urinary diversions.
Treatment is provided by physicians who are supported by nurses
certified in wound and ostomy care.
The center focuses on patient and family-centered decision
making, while respecting the dignity and rights of the individual
The wound care center can help if you meet any of the following
- Wound that has not healed within four weeks
- Wound that heals but frequently returns
- Diabetic foot wounds
- Venous stasis ulcers
- Ischemic ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- First- or second-degree burn, manageable on outpatient basis
The ostomy center can help if you have a urinary or fecal
diversion and desire:
- Additional knowledge regarding self-care skills
- Information to assist you in adjusting to life with a stoma
- Recommendations on pouching difficulties, irrigation, or
The center is located on the first floor of
The Center for Women. The entrance is on the west side of the
building and has easily accessible handicapped parking.
For more information or to speak to a nurse, call 940-898-7182
and select option 2. To schedule an appointment, call outpatient services at 940-898-7399.