When you eat well, you perform well. If you’re looking to get a natural edge as an athlete, nothing can take the place of proper nutrition. As an athlete, you need more vitamins, minerals, and calories to train at a high level. The lack of these essential nutrients can lead to fatigue, injury, and decreased performance. Your goal is to fuel your body all day long through meals, snacks, and fluids.
From individual nutrition sessions to personalized meal plans, grocery shopping trips, and sports team presentations, the sports dietitians at Texas Health Sports Medicine can help you achieve your performance goals through a myriad of sports nutrition services.
Texas Health Sports Medicine offers the following sports nutrition services:
- Individual nutrition sessions, meal plans and education to meet your schedule and food preferences
- Fast food, restaurant, and travel eating tips and meal plans
- Sports nutrition team and booster club seminars
- Small group nutrition sessions
- Nutrition and wellness seminars at businesses, luncheons, events, gyms, etc.
- Grocery shopping trips
- Healthy cooking tips
- Follow-up and accountability sessions in person, over the phone and email
Sports dietitians apply the latest nutrition research to help you optimize performance and recovery while also promoting long-term health. Sports nutrition differs from basic nutrition by focusing on your macronutrient needs according to training, recovery nutrition to prevent chronic soreness and/or injury and tailoring your daily intake to match specific goals whether it be changing body composition, speed, strength or a personal record. We want you to achieve your goals, whether you exercise for general health and fitness, or you are an elite athlete looking for performance gains.
Proper nutrition can help you in the following ways:
- Increase your athletic performance
- Increase your conditioning levels
- Increase your strength levels
- Increase your energy levels in everyday life and training
- Increase your mental capacity, acuity and alertness
- Increase your metabolic functioning
- Boost your immune system
- Increase the amount of lean muscle mass
- Improve your recovery time after injury
- Improve your hydration status
- Promotes muscle repair and growth
- Decrease your risk for injury
- Decrease your risk of chronic fatigue
- Reduce your total body fat
- Decrease the amount of muscle tissue you may lose during a season
If you are interested in taking your health and performance to the next level with sports nutrition, we will be happy to meet for a detailed, one-on-one assessment to custom-design a plan tailored to your specific lifestyle, exercise and recovery requirements.
Through our individual sports nutrition services, you have the option to choose a one-time appointment or a package option that provides more education and accountability to drive results.
Interested in hearing how sports nutrition can improve your team or sport? We also provide team and group sports nutrition services including presentations, menu development, and sport-specific recommendations for optimal fueling and recovery.