Share Clinical Information
Physicians and caregivers can deliver the right care at the right time if they have patients’ medical histories and treatment plans at their fingertips. Our health information management system includes:
- CareConnect One, an electronic health record that provides accurate, timely and complete patient information and images at the point of care. These can be shared with select providers outside our system.
- A tool called ePrescribe, which quickly and safely sends prescriptions electronically from our EPIC software to pharmacies.
Texas Health invests in billing, scheduling, coding and other business technologies to keep the health system operating efficiently. Using technology to automate or expedite tasks reduces the time needed to complete them and associated costs. It also helps drive compliance with rules and regulations.
Put Resources at Consumers Fingertips
Enable Remote Working
Texas Health uses virtual desktop infrastructure to optimize our remote environment. This platform allows employees and caregivers to log in from home or a patient’s bedside. It also allows Texas Health to store personally identifiable information securely in our data center servers, minimizing the risk of security breaches on individual devices.
Open AllClose All
Very early on in the pandemic, Texas Health transitioned about 3,500 employees to work from home to keep them safe and reduce COVID-19 transmission. Thanks to existing infrastructure and a virtual private network (VPN), we could provide full access to our intranet and internal systems within a few days.
- Amended policies to allow employees to take home company-owned desktops and laptops, double monitors, docking stations, headsets and surge protectors.
- Invested about $7 million to purchase new laptops and refresh older models to avoid repairs.
- Upgraded our VPN to accommodate additional internet connections.
- Trained employees in how to use Microsoft Teams, store documents in the cloud and maintain security protocols. Our Help Desk also provided support to ease the transition.