At Texas Health Finley Ewing Cardiovascular & Fitness Center Dallas, wellness and fitness go hand and hand. The spacious 76,000 square foot facility features:
- Indoor pool and track, basketball court and functional exercise and stretching areas
- Specialty offerings like personal training, massage therapy, CPR, weight loss, dietician, and other lifestyle classes
- A variety of group exercise programs including cardio and strength training, indoor cycling, tai chi, Pilates, yoga and prenatal/postpartum fitness
- Clinical services include physical therapy, aquatic therapy and cardiac rehabilitation. Group exercise classes are offered for multiple sclerosis, arthritis and Parkinson’s disease.
Pool is available by reservation only. Please call 214-345-4625 to reserve.
The fitness center offers trained, compassionate staff in an environment that’s unlike any you may have experienced before. It’s an environment that fosters friendships while providing guidance that can have a real impact in helping you reach your goals. The center’s health care oriented professionals include personal trainers, massage therapists, exercise physiologists, fitness specialists, physical therapists, health educators, registered nurse and dietitian.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
- A 25-yard, five-lane indoor heated pool
- Saltwater pool
- Indoor track
- Life Fitness, Bio Arc and Hammer Strength free weights
- Treadmills, Precor Ellipticals, StairMasters, NuSteps, cycles and many others
- Basketball court
- Functional Training Room
- Spacious men's and women's locker rooms
- Dry Sauna
Pool is available by reservation only. Please call 214-345-4625 to reserve.
Group Fitness Classes
Whether you want to take on a challenging cardiovascular workout, improve your overall body tone, or learn breathing and relaxation techniques, Texas Health Finley Ewing Cardiovascular & Fitness Center Dallas has a class that's right for you.
For more information about exercise classes, call 214-345-4625.
- Bodies in Motion (Barre)
- Body Sculpting
- Chair Fit
- Total Body Conditioning
- Silver Sneakers Classic
- Young at Heart
High Energy / Cardio
- All Ball
- Cardio Combo
- Zumba Fitness
Yoga and Pilates
- Pre-Pilates and Pilates
- Restorative Yoga
- Silver Sneakers Yoga
- Aqua Fit
- Aqua Zumba Fitness
- Prenatal Water Fitness
- Water Fitness for Mom and Baby
- Aquatic Balance Core Strength Group Personal Training Class. Classes start at the beginning of each month, and meet for four weeks (eight classes).
Dance for Movement Disorders
- There are many benefits to attending Dance for Movement Disorders classes regularly, including mental cueing for increased fluidity and flexibility in overall body movements, enhanced coordination, improved balance through the use of imagery and visualization, improved gait in walking, and a feeling of community and positive unity through a shared dance experience. Most participants surpass their own perceived limitations and utilize new neuropathways to bypass the physical restrictions that are inherent in Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders.
- The class begins seated in chairs in which combinations of movements expand physical limitations while challenging mental activities connect mind to body. The class then proceeds to the barre, then across the floor using rhythmic stepping patterns to instill confidence and increase mobility.
Personal Training Group Classes
- Balance Training: Strengthen your muscles and improve overall balance through the use of dynamic exercises and equipment.
- Tone: A total body strength and conditioning class that meets for four weeks (eight classes). Heart-rate monitors are used during class to maximize results.
- ABCS: Class held in the warm water pool. Exercises are performed to help balance core strength and strengthening of the body.
Health Improvement Classes
- Arthritis:These classes meet in the water and on land, and are specifically designed for individuals with arthritis.
- Balance Training: Increase your independence and decrease your risk of falling.
- MS: These classes meet in the water and are specifically designed for individuals with multiple sclerosis.
- Tai Chi*:This graceful flowing form of exercise has been practiced in China since the 1300s. The free-flowing movements can help with flexibility, balance and muscular strength, while decreasing stress. *This specialty class is not included with membership. Additional fees apply.
The fitness center has an experienced staff of fitness professionals dedicated to helping you achieve your goals. We invite you to come in for a visit.
- 1-On-1 Training: Achieve your individual fitness goals with a trainer who can personalize your exercise routine. This type of training is for all fitness levels and is proven to help you succeed.
- Biometrics Nutrition and Fitness: Actively integrates exercise with a balanced, healthy eating plan, resulting in weight loss and a change in body composition - the key to a healthier, leaner you!
- Partner Training: Designed for those with friends/significant others who want to exercise together and have similar goals.
- Small Group Training: Focus on getting in shape with four to six friends while in a setting of competition and camaraderie. Let us know what your goals are, and our training staff will design a unique and fun program for your group.To schedule an appointment with a personal trainer or for more information, call 214-345-2842.
- DEXA Body Composition: DEXA is a non-invasive test that measures total body composition. It quantifies lean, fat and bone mass including visceral fat and reveals imbalances in muscle symmetry, strength and joint mechanics. Your comprehensive report will indicate your lean muscle mass, fat mass and body symmetry.
- LAUNCH: Fitness and Nutrition: LAUNCH is a personal training and nutrition program in which certified personal trainers and registered dieticians link their professional expertise in diet and exercise to help you reach your fitness goals.
- Futsal: Futsal is the only form of indoor soccer endorsed by FIFA. It is a 5 x 5 small-sided game played on a hard-surfaced, basketball-sized court with a smaller, heavier low-bounce ball. The sport is a great skill developer, as it demands quick reflexes, fast thinking, and pin-point passing. The small, heavier futsal ball requires players to hone their ball-striking and-ball handling technique.
Massage therapy services are temporarily unavailable.
Massage, like diet and exercise, has a cumulative effect - it directly or indirectly affects every system of the body. Massage helps to boost the immune system, break up adhesions in muscle tissue, improve muscle tone and flush out toxins. It also helps prevent injuries and speed recovery.
Types of Massage Available
- Regular Massage: Massages are available for 30, 60, 90 and 120 minutes. A 15-minute chair massage is also available.
- Swedish Massage: Enjoy the combination of gentle touch and firmer strokes that this soothing massage uses to relieve tension and stress and ease sore and tired muscles.
- Deep Tissue Massage: Have a massage customized to meet your individual needs with varying pressure levels, this massage can focus on one specific area or a more general muscle group.
- Pregnancy and Postpartum Massage: Many women experience special physical and emotional challenges during and after pregnancy. These massages are designed to address the unique needs of new and expecting mothers.
- Massage Services are open to the public, with no facility membership required.
The fitness center offers dietitian services. A dietitian not only can provide nutritional information and advice, but also provide motivation, support and accountability.
LAUNCH: Fitness and Nutrition
LAUNCH is a personal training and nutrition program in which certified personal trainers and registered dietitians link their professional expertise in diet and exercise to help you reach your fitness goals.
Nutritional Counseling for Health Concerns
Nutritional counseling is available for a range of conditions and needs, including:
- Basic nutrition/wellness
- Gastrointestinal disease
- High blood pressure
- Metabolic rate testing
- Heart disease
- Bariatric/weight management.
Metabolic Testing (MedGem)
Metabolic tests measure the rate at which your body burns calories and uses oxygen during rest. The MedGem Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) test provides an estimate of the number of calories you burn when your body is at complete rest. Consider a MedGem test to assist with weight loss or to improve exercise performance.
Rehab and Health Programs
The fitness center offers a supportive and encouraging environment for preventative programs and physical therapy services for individuals recovering from illness or surgery. Licensed physical therapists determine each patient's needs and develop a plan to integrate fitness activities and total health management with the goal of increasing overall function in the community and at home.
Aquatics for Movement Disorders
The Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson's Disease Aquatic Exercise Program is designed to increase activity level, facilitate independent mobility and provide a support group for individuals with these diseases. Taught by fitness specialists, the classes are held in a heated (84 to 86° F) 4-foot deep pool. The pool features an entry ramp and water wheelchair for easy access.
Aquatic Physical Therapy
Aquatic physical therapy is a progressive program that uses water to provide a reduced weight bearing environment for patients who have pain or whose exercise tolerance is limited on land. These patients particularly benefit from using water for the aerobic and flexibility components of their program. Patients may still participate in land-based strength training depending on their weight-bearing and exercise tolerance. Aquatic physical therapy is provided in the heated, saltwater SwimEx® therapy pool. Swimming ability is not required.
From high-level athletes to geriatrics, patients with the following conditions (but not limited to) may benefit from aquatic therapy:
- Spine surgery
- Total joint replacement
- Knee/Hip arthroscopy
- Knee reconstruction
- Shoulder surgery
- Sports related injury and repair
- Back pain
- Neurologic disorders (multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's, CVA, spasticity)
- Arthritis, fibromyalgia
- Post cancer recovery
Cardiac rehabilitation is a progressive program with the goal of helping patients restore and maintain optimal health while helping to reduce the risk of future heart problems. Cardiac rehabilitation sessions offer personalized exercise prescriptions, education and lifestyle-modification programs. As part of Texas Health Dallas, the cardiac rehabilitation program's multidisciplinary team is led by physicians on the medical staff. The program also includes cardiac rehabilitation nurses, exercise physiologists, physical therapists and fitness specialists, as well as registered dietitians, psychologists, pharmacists and chaplains.
H2OPE Aquatic Pediatric Exercise
H2OPE is a fun, community outreach aquatic fitness program for children with special needs. H2OPE provides an alternative recreational activity to help meet physical, cognitive and psychosocial needs. The emphasis is on providing a safe, fun, non-competitive and successful experience to improve physical and mental health.
Children with autism, cerebral palsy, spina bifida, Down's syndrome, developmental or cognitive delay and juvenile rheumatoid arthritis may benefit from this aquatic exercise program. Classes are on Saturdays from noon to 3 p.m. Call 682-200-7865 or visit OffTheDeepEndAquatics.com for more information.
Oncology Rehabilitation Program
Oncology rehabilitation at Texas Health Dallas can help cancer patients manage treatment-related conditions through outpatient rehabilitation treatments, including physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech-language pathology. The program offers compassionate and customized programs for cancer patients undergoing treatment or post-treatment care.
The personalized treatment plan focuses on increasing flexibility, strength, balance and activity tolerance, and decreasing pain. The spacious facilities and friendly, comfortable environment provide the right atmosphere for successful physical therapy. Physical therapy services require a physician referral and are available for members and nonmembers.
Pulmonary Physical Therapy
Pulmonary physical therapy is a multidisciplinary program in which breathing principles are emphasized during therapeutic exercise and functional activities. The goal of the therapy is to help stabilize or reduce the symptoms of pulmonary disease and improve the individual's quality of life.
The arthritis program includes both a land-based and aquatic-based recreational exercise program. The classes are led by staff who have successfully completed a specialized training workshop conducted by a trainer approved by the Arthritis Foundation. The program is designed for adults. Participants must function independently (or provide their own attendant) and have bowel and bladder control. People with multiple or severe joint problems, or who had joint surgery are required to check with their physician about the need for special precautions or for physical or occupational therapy prior to starting the program.
Arthritis Aquatic Program
This class is held in a heated (84-86° F) indoor pool, with an entry ramp for easy access. The program's specially designed exercises, can help relieve pain as well as improve or maintain joint flexibility. The potential resistive properties of water can also assist in the improvement of muscle strength. It is not necessary to know how to swim.
Arthritis Exercise Program
This class is a land-based recreational activity program designed specifically for people with arthritis. It includes games, range-of-motion, muscle strengthening and/or endurance exercises, body mechanics and relaxation techniques.
Prenatal Water Fitness Classes
The fitness center offers prenatal fitness classes. The classes can help give you the motivation and information you need to maintain or achieve your fitness goals throughout your pregnancy and beyond. Enjoy the buoyancy of water in this program specifically designed for mothers-to-be. This low-impact class includes an aerobic segment followed by toning and stretching. You'll love the spacious facilities and friendly, supportive environment. Classes are available for members and non-members. Register at 1-877-THR-Well or TexasHealth.org/Yoga.
Water Fitness for Mom and Baby
Enjoy some quality workout time with other moms and babies. Designed for moms at least six weeks postpartum, this class features an aerobics conditioning section with low-impact or step exercises, a muscle strengthening section and some fun baby and mom activity time during the class. For babies four months to one year old. Register at 1-877-THR-Well or TexasHealth.org/Yoga.
Family and Friends Pediatric CPR
Learning cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) can help you give a friend, loved one or stranger a second chance for life. The Family and Friends Infant/Pediatric CPR class includes extensive safety information, and participants will learn CPR and choking procedures for infants and children. For more information, call 214-345-4687.
CARE Exercise Program for Cancer Patients
The CARE Program is a free 16-week exercise and wellness created for individuals who have received a cancer diagnosis within one year or are currently undergoing cancer treatment. The goal of the CARE Program is to help members take back their lives through diet, exercise, and social support. The program will help participants reduce the severity of cancer’s side effects, help maintain a healthy body weight, and improve self-esteem through social support and exercise. It is specifically designed to help participants: build strength, increase endurance and improve functional mobility.
Corporate Wellness Services
Custom-designed health enhancement programs for your employees.
Team up with Texas Health Dallas’ Finley Ewing Cardiovascular & Fitness Center to help your employees improve their health.
Occupational Health Programs
Occupational health programs are flexible, convenient and designed to meet your company’s specific needs at your business location. Options include:
- On-site program coordinator
- Exercise classes
- Fitness memberships
- Dietitian services
- Immunizations/flu clinics
- Incentive programs
- Massage therapy
- Educational seminars
- CPR classes
- Stress management classes
- Weight management classes.
Exercise Science Internship Program
The fitness center internship program is a unique opportunity for students nearing course-work completion in the study of exercise science, exercise physiology, health promotion or other related fields. The program is for undergraduate or graduate school students that are looking for career opportunities in the wellness or fitness industry.
Open AllClose All