Texas Health Sports Medicine is certified through the TEA and UIL to offer the concussion training course required by H.B. 2038.
Instructions to Take Course
- If you are trying to access the concussion courses online at your school, please check with the IT department to confirm the web site you are about to enter is not blocked and/or filtered. Some schools do upgrades to their equipment over the summer and this can be an issue. If you have a computer at home with a printer, this may be an option.
- Make sure all pop-up blockers are turned off in order for the course to work properly.
- You cannot use a mobile device to take the course.
- Users will need to create an account. Select “I would like to register for this course.” Enter your email address at the bottom and click "create an account." It will then ask for your last name and last 4 digits of your Social Security number. On the next page, fill in all required fields, marked with an asterisk. On the next screen confirm your information and select your “Role in this Activity.”
- Attention: There is a time-out mechanism for this course. Once you have registered for this event you must complete all the modules, no re-entry can be obtained. If you receive an error please email THRECME@texashealth.org.
- If you have any issues with "forgetting passwords," "got logged out" or "can't print a certificate," please email outlining your issues to: THRECME@texashealth.org.
- If the issues are not resolved or you have questions about our concussion program contact:
Jonathan Hancock: JonathanHancock@TexasHealth.org
- New Online Concussion Training will be available May 2020.
- Return to Learn for Educators - 45 minutes - no registration nor certificate
Implementation of Texas law is an ongoing process. Follow this link for the latest information on forms and rules.