The Peek-a-Boo service at Texas Health Resources hospitals allows
parents, designated family members and friends to view real-time
video of their baby while he or she is a patient in the Neonatal
Intensive Care Unit (NICU). The parents login also provides
one-way audio for their newborn to hear mom or dad's voice in the
NICU. All access is routed through a secure Internet portal.
This service is offered free of charge to provide the best
possible experience for our patients and their families, thanks
to the philanthropic support of one of our grateful patients.
Log in to see your
Texas Health Fort
Texas Health Plano
Terms and Conditions
Follow this link to read the terms and
conditions for using the Peek-a-Boo Neonatal ICU Webcam.
Who can view the babies?
Only people with authorized access such as the parent, family
members and NICU staff can view the video. Your baby can only be
viewed over the Internet by you and the family and friends you
allow to access the service.
How many user/family accounts can I
The baby's parent has the ability to create 25 family and friend
Do all the users have the ability to speak or sing to
No, only the parent's account has the ability to use one-way
Will the video be on all the time while my baby is in
No, a baby's video could be off for a variety of reasons. It can
be difficult to stream video during staff interactions with your
baby, and there will be times when NICU staff turn the camera
off. When this occurs, you will see the message "The video system
is currently offline. Please try back again later." If your video
remains offline for an extended period of time, please feel free
to contact our nursery.
How can I help support the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Please follow this link if you would like to
make a donation in support of the NICU.
Which browsers are supported for
For optimum viewing of the website, please make sure you are
using one of the following supported browsers:
- Internet Explorer version 7.0 or 8.0 for Windows.
- Firefox version 3.0 or above for Windows.
- Firefox version 3.0 or above for Mac OS X.
- Safari version 4.0 or above for Mac OS X.
- Google Chrome
trying to view the webcam?
You need to install the latest Java version from www.java.com. You also need to enable
Java on your browser.
1. Click the Tools icon in the toolbar.
2. Select Internet Options. A dialog will pop up.
3. Click the Security tab.
4. Under Security level for this zone, click the Custom level...
5. Scroll down the list presented to the Scripting entry.
6. Under Active Scripting, select the Enable radio button.
7. Click OK and confirm your change.
8. Click OK in the Internet Options dialog.
9. Refresh the page or visit a new page for settings to take
1. Click the Tools menu option in the toolbar.
2. Select Options. A dialog will pop up.
3. Click the Content icon
5. Click the OK button.
6. Refresh the page or visit a new page for settings to take
1. Click on the Safari menu in Safari.
2. Click on Preferences.
3. Click on Security.
4. Make sure these checkboxes are checked:Enable Plug-ins, Enable
5. Make sure the Block pop-up windows box is not selected.
ensure it is:
1. Right click on your Google Chrome shortcut.
2. Click Properties.
If it is, delete it.
4. Click Apply.
Will Peek-a-Boo work on my phone?
Yes, Peek-a-Boo works on any smart phone by typing the URL into
the web browser.
By accessing the Peek-a-Boo
Neonatal ICU Web Cam, I confirm that I understand the purpose of
the webcam is for users authorized by Texas Health and/or the
patient's legal guardian to view a video feed from the patient's
room. I also understand there will be times when Hospital staff
will turn off the webcam, for example, during procedures.
I also understand that I should not
share my login user id and password with anyone. The website for
the webcam is password protected, and anyone with whom I share
the password would have access to the webcam showing the patient
I am authorized to view. I also understand that the video and
one-way audio transmitting via the webcam is encrypted.
(Encryption protects the transmission of data over the Internet
from being intercepted or modified by unauthorized individuals).
I also understand that at any time,
permission may be revoked for having a webcam available for
viewing of the patient.
BY ACCESSING THE PEEK-A-BOO
NEONATAL ICU WEBCAM, I HEREBY HOLD HARMLESS (RELEASE) THE
HOSPITAL, ITS TRUSTEES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND
REPRESENTATIVES, AND THE MEDICAL STAFF OF THE HOSPITAL, FROM ANY
INJURY AND/OR DAMAGES SUSTAINED AS A RESULT OF THE WEBCASTING,
INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY,
PROPERTY DAMAGE, INVASION OF PRIVACY AND BREACH OF