Your baby is getting much stronger and is developing vital communication skills that are helping you both bond! Here’s a look at what a baby typically does at 2 months:
Social / Emotional Milestones
- Calms down when spoken to or picked up
- Looks at your face
- Seems happy to see you when you walk up to him or her
- Smiles when you talk to or smile at him or her
Language / Communication Milestones
- Makes sounds other than crying
- Reacts to loud sounds
Cognitive Milestones (learning, thinking, problem-solving)
- Watches you as you move
- Looks at a toy for several seconds
Movement / Physical Milestones
- Holds head up when on tummy
- Moves both arms and both legs
- Opens hands briefly
Concerned About Your Child’s Development?
All babies are different and develop at their own pace. If your infant has not yet reached some of these milestones, it doesn’t necessarily mean something is wrong.
Still, you know your child best. And developmental delays or disorders are most successfully treated when caught early. If you have concerns, don’t wait.
Talk with the healthcare provider if you think your child...
- Is not meeting milestones for his or her age
- Has lost skills he or she once had, or is not doing something you’d expect him or her to be doing
Or if you have concerns about...
- How your child plays, learns, speaks, acts or moves
- Other things your child does
SOURCE: These developmental milestones, established by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the American Academy of Pediatrics, align with well-child pediatric checkups to provide a general idea of what most children (75% or more) do at this age.
See also ...
This message is not intended to provide individual medical advice. Always seek the advice of a physician or qualified healthcare provider for any questions you have about your health or medical condition, your breastfeeding issues and your infant's health. Never disregard, avoid or delay contacting a doctor or other qualified professional because of something you have read in our emails, webpages or other electronic communications.
Powered by UbiCare